September 23rd – 29th is carbon monoxide awareness week 2013. At Hire Here we are now selling carbon monoxide detectors to ensure the safety of all our customers. This is a potentially life saving product and we encourage every carbon fuel user to make sure the level of carbon monoxide in their home is as low as possible.
Carbon monoxide is a colourless, odourless gas which, in high quantities, can lead to headaches, chest pains, dizziness and in very extreme cases, death.
Carbon monoxide can be produced by the burning of any fuel including coal, oil, gas and even wood. To maintain low levels of carbon monoxide in your home make sure vents, chimneys and flues are all in working order and kept clear. Ensure that your appliances are fitted 100% correctly and are serviced regularly by a licensed technician.